Enrolling in a Subject POSt
A subject POSt, or program of study, is a group of courses in a specific discipline. There are three levels of programs:
- Specialist Program
- Major Program
- Minor Program
The Health Studies program only has two subject POSts in which to enrol:
- Specialist in Health Studies (ASSPE2085)
- Major in Health Studies (ASMAJ2085)
These degrees are type 2L subject POSts. Type 2L programs have specific course and/or GPA requirements, and have a finite number of admission spaces. This makes the application process to the Health Studies Program competitive. There are four steps to applying to the Health Studies Program:
- To be eligible to apply for the Health Studies program, you must first complete at least 4 FCEs. No specific courses are required. Students are advised to take introductory courses that will serve as prerequisites for optional courses of interest to them later in the program; we recommend at least 1.0 FCE in life sciences (e.g. BIO120H1/BIO130H1) and 1.0 FCE in social sciences/humanities (e.g., PHL100Y1 and/or SOC101Y1). UNI103Y1 would also be an asset, and can be counted towards program requirements.
- Submit a request on the student web service (SWS or ROSI)
- Check the SWS to see if you have recieved an enrolment invitation
- Either accept or decline the invitation to enrol
For specific dates and more information on applying to a subject POSt, please check the Faculty of Arts & Science Registration Handbook & Timetable.
There are two periods in which to request enrolment:
- First Round: April to mid May. Note: Decisions are posted on ROSI by July. Students who receive an "INV" (invitation) have between July and August to accept the invitation on ROSI.
- Second Round: July to August. Note: Decisions are posted on ROSI by mid September. Students who receive an "INV" (invitation) have until late September to accept the invitation on ROSI.