Enrolling in a Subject POSt
A subject POSt, or program of study, is a group of courses in a specific discipline. There are three levels of programs:
- Specialist Program
- Major Program
- Minor Program
The Health Studies program only has two subject POSts in which to enrol:
- Specialist in Health Studies (ASSPE2085)
- Major in Health Studies (ASMAJ2085)
These degrees are type 2L subject POSts. Type 2L programs have specific course and/or GPA requirements, and have a finite number of admission spaces. This makes the application process to the Health Studies Program competitive. There are four steps to applying to the Health Studies Program:
- To be eligible to apply for the Health Studies Specialist or Major, please refer to the section 'Admission Requirements' section in PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS tab.
- Submit a request on the student web service (SWS or ROSI)
- Check the SWS to see if you have recieved an enrolment invitation
- Either accept or decline the invitation to enrol
For specific dates and more information on applying to a subject POSt, please check the Faculty of Arts & Science Registration Handbook & Timetable.
There are two periods in which to request enrolment:
- First Round: April to mid May. Note: Decisions are posted on ROSI by July. Students who receive an "INV" (invitation) have between July and August to accept the invitation on ROSI.
- Second Round: July to August. Note: Decisions are posted on ROSI by mid September. Students who receive an "INV" (invitation) have until late September to accept the invitation on ROSI.