House Associates

The UC House Associate program facilitates the involvement of commuter students within the residence community. After Orientation week, many commuter students wish to maintain their relationship with their residence peers and this is a great way to do so!

House Associates are University College students who are currently enrolled at the University of Toronto and do not live in residence. These students pay a nominal fee to the student-run House Executive (as determined by the House) which affords them various privileges and responsibilities within residence. Students who are House Associates can participate in house events and access residence common areas and facilities, such as television rooms, common rooms and activity rooms. They do have to follow all of the same rules as residence students within the house.

Being a House Associate at University College allows commuter students to have a home base on campus, a place to relax between classes, and membership to a supportive and engaged community on campus. If you are interested in signing up to become a house associate, please email the for more information.