We're currently hiring multiple overnight Student Porter positions at Morrison Hall for the Fall, 2017 term.
· Working in the Morrison Hall Porter’s Office
· Serving as a resource to residents with questions or concerns
· Ensuring the safety and security of the building and its residents
· Assessing, recording and responding to maintenance issues
· Assessing, recording and responding to safety issues
· Checking students in/out and issuing keys to residents
· Additional duties, as assigned, to support the Residence Buildings
Overnight Porter Shift Details
Overnight Porters will be required to work 8 hours/week, consisting of two shifts between the hours of midnight – 8:00 am. This position includes the possibility of weekend shifts. Shift times will be selected in consultation with Porters. Students living in UC Residence for the 2017 – 2018 academic year are strongly encouraged to apply.
New Overnight Porters are paid the USW Casuals starting rate of $14.75/hr.
This work location for this position is the Morrison Hall Porter’s Office. This position is for the Fall, 2017 term, with the possibility for extension.
· Applicants must be registered as students for the 2017-18 academic year.
· Applicants do not need to be living in residence to be a Porter. Porters living off-campus are responsible for their own transportation to and from the residence for their shifts.
The selection process will include an application and interview. Applications should include a resume and a cover letter that includes if you are applying for the Daytime and/or Overnight Position(s) and if you are planning to be a resident of University College in the 2017-2018 academic year.
Applications can be sent to email@example.com by 12:00 pm on Friday, August 11, 2017. In the case of a high number of applications, not all applicants will be granted an interview.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact the UC Office of the Dean of Students at 416-978-2530 or firstname.lastname@example.org.