- Types of UC Meal Plans
- Locations and Hours
- How to use your UC Meal Plan
- Managing your Meal Plan balance
- Providing Feedback
- Frequently Asked Questions
During the academic year (September to April), UC Residence Meal Plans are mandatory for all residents at University College's residences. Having a UC Meal Plan provides many benefits:
- Convenient way to purchase food and beverages using your student card (i.e. TCard)
- No need to cook, clean dishes, or worry about cash
- Diverse variety of healthy and sustainable food choices on a rotating basis
- Choose to eat in the Dining Hall and Café or take your items to go
- Save up to 13% by paying no HST on most food purchases
UC Residence Meal Plans operate on a declining balance system, wherein your TCard acts like a debit card and your starting balance is determined by which plan you choose. After every transaction, the total cost of your purchases is deducted from your account balance.
UC Residence Meal Plans expire at the end of the academic year in which it was purchased and are non-refundable and non-transferable to any other persons, meal plans, or academic sessions.
Cost and Starting Balance
|Average meal dollars per day||Expiration Date|
|Meal Plan A - LARGE||$ 4,889||$22.02 per day||April 28, 2018|
|Meal Plan B - BASIC||$ 4,315||$19.44 per day||April 28, 2018|
There is no functional difference between Meal Plan A and B. Both plans allow you to purchase the exact same items from the Dining Hall and Café. The only difference is the starting balance.
UC Meal Plans can only be used at the following two locations, both of which are located on the ground floor of 75 St George St (Morrison Hall):
|Mon to Thu||Fri||Sat||Sun|
7:30am – 7:30pm
(closed from 3pm-4pm)
7:30am – 7:30pm
(closed from 3pm-4pm)
|9:00am – 7:30pm||9:00am – 7:30pm|
|Cafe Reznikoff's||7:30am – 11:00pm||7:30am – 5:30pm||CLOSED||3:30pm – 11:00pm|
|Mon to Thu||Fri||Sat||Sun|
|*Breakfast||7:30am – 11:00am||7:30am – 11:00am||Continental breakfast only||Continental breakfast from 9am|
|Lunch||11:00am – 3:00pm||11:00am – 3:00pm||11:00am – 3:00pm||Brunch from 11:30am - 3:00pm|
|The Dining Hall is closed everyday from 3:00pm - 4:00pm|
|Dinner||4:00pm - 7:30pm||4:30pm - 7:30pm||4:30pm - 7:30pm||4:00pm - 7:30pm|
*Hot breakfast hours. Continental breakfast is available all day.
- First meal service of Fall 2017 - Dinner on Wed, Sep 6
- Last meal service of Fall 2017 - Lunch on Wed, Dec 20
- First meal service of Winter 2018 - Dinner on Wed, Jan 3
- Last meal service of Winter 2018 - Dinner on Sat, Apr 28
With our à la carte food system, students choose what they want to eat and pay for their own individual meal. Each person pays for what they eat, and light eaters do not subsidize heavy eaters. Using your UC Meal Plan is easy!
- Visit the Dining Hall/Café and select the food and beverage items of your choosing.
- Bring your selected items to the register and display your student card (i.e. TCard) to the cashier, who will then deduct the total cost of your items from your balance. You can also pay for your guest’s meals with your plan.
- (Optional) Ask for a receipt, which will have your new balance at the bottom.
We discourage removing trays, plates, and cutlery from the Dining Hall or Café and, if you do, you are responsible for returning them. Take-out containers are available for a small cost, upon request.
Students with specific dietary requirements as a result of allergies, food intolerances, or prescribed diets can contact UC Food Services at email@example.com or (416) 978-7269.
Your TCard (and, hence, your Meal Plan) can only be used by the person to whom it was issued. You are responsible for the safekeeping of your TCard and must NOT lend or permit others to use your TCard for any purpose. You cannot use your UC Meal Plan without your TCard - just as you cannot get library books without your TCard.
If you lose your TCard:
- You must report the loss immediately to the TCard Office, the Library, and your Meal Plan provider(s).
- You must obtain a replacement card at the TCard Office in the Koffler Student Services Centre.
- You can temporarily use your UC Meal Plan by providing your U of T Student Number
UC Meal Plan dollars expire at the end of each academic year. Balance tracking schedules are posted around the Dining Hall, Café, and online, so that students can ensure that they have an appropriate balance for the corresponding time of year. If you run out of Meal Plan dollars, you may add more to your account by visiting the Residence Office.
There will be NO REFUNDS and NO TRANSFERS of any unused UC Meal Plan dollars to any other persons, meal plans, or academic sessions. This means:
- NO REFUNDS will be provided for any unused UC Meal Plan dollars
- Unused Meal Plan dollars cannot be transferred to other types of meal plans on-campus.
- Unused Meal Plan dollars cannot be transferred to other people.
- Unused Meal Plan dollars cannot be transferred (or carried-over or rolled-over) to another session for future use.
This is because UC’s food services operation is planned on the basis of anticipated revenue, and refunds or transfers would mean that meal plan costs would have to be increased for other students in the future. This is common practice among residence food service operations.
UC Food Services is an independent and self-operated break-even operation, in which all employees, including the manager, are employed by University College and the University of Toronto. They are committed to providing good and healthy food at a reasonable price.
You can ask questions or provide feedback about Food Services at University College via the following:
- Speak to the President or Food Representative of your House Council. They will bring your questions and feedback to the UC Residence Council Food Committee meetings throughout the year.
- Email the Sous Chef of Operations directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the UC Food Service Feedback Form online.
What happens to unused UC Meal Plan dollars at the end of the academic year – can I request a refund?
No. There will be NO REFUNDS and NO TRANSFERS of any unused UC Meal Plan dollars to any other persons, meal plans, or academic sessions. See Refunds and Transfers section.
May I purchase Flex Dollars?
Certainly! You can buy Flex Dollars at www.ueat.utoronto.ca anytime!
Can I change my Meal Plan?
No. Once you receive your building and room assignment and your fees are posted on ACORN/ROSI, you can no longer change your Meal Plan type.
Can I bring my guests (friends, family members, etc.) into the Dining Hall or Café for a meal?
Yes! Once your guests have selected the items they want to purchase, bring them to the cashier and present your TCard to use your Meal Plan. The will be deducted from your Meal Plan balance. You must be present for this transaction and you CANNOT lend your TCard to other people. See Using your TCard section.
Alternatively, your guests can pay for their own meals using cash, credit, debit, or other accepted UeaT Meal Plans.