Application procedures vary depending on which category you fall under:
- First Year Students (with the Residence Guarantee) - students who are eligible for the Residence Guarantee.
- First Year Students (without the Residence Guarantee) - students who are not eligible for or who have lost their Residence Guarantee.
- Upper Year Students (Returning) - upper year students who lived in UC Residences in the previous academic year.
- Upper Year Students (Non-Returning) - upper year students who did not live in UC Residences during the previous academic year.
- Inbound Exchange Students
The Residence office corresponds with students via email (to the address indicated on the student's OUAC application). Please follow these guidelines to ensure that admission correspondence is received:
- Check email regularly.
- Ensure that folders where messages may be diverted are checked.
- Set email filters to accept all messages from “utoronto.ca” accounts.
- Notify the Dean of Students' office and/or Student Housing Services immediately if travelling or if contact information has changed.
The Office of the Dean of Students is not responsible for email addresses that are deactivated or have technical problems which prevent email messages from being received. When an Official Offer of Residence is sent, there is a limited time to accept the offer. Acceptance must be received by the deadline date indicated on the offer.
The Office of the Dean of Students does its best to accommodate students' preferences. Room assignments for first-year students are as follows:
- First-year students who are National Scholarship winners are assigned single rooms.
- First-year students who request double rooms are assigned double rooms.
- All other first-year students are assigned the remaining single rooms by lottery.
- Any remaining double rooms are filled with first-year students, pairing students according to the submitted profiles.
University staff is not permitted to disclose or discuss any information in a student file with anyone other than the student. If a student would like someone (e.g. a parent) to have access to their personal information, they must provide the office with written consent.
Office of the Dean of Students
University College, University of Toronto
15 King's College Circle, D105 Toronto, ON M5S 3H7
Phone: (416) 978-2530
Fax: (416) 971-2029