PRogram Engagement at U of T
On September 5th, 2017 join incoming students in the Faculty of Arts and Science for an orientation to your area of academic study.
At PRE U of T you will meet with students from other Colleges who are in your academic stream, familiarize yourself with areas of the campus where you are likely to have class, and hear from professors in your field of study.
During PRE U of T there will be five Academic Hubs located across the St. George Campus. You will attend the Hub that is most closely associated with your academic admission stream (i.e. Humanities, Social Science, Life Science, Commerce, Computer Science, Math & Physical Science). At each Hub students will be futher split into groups to participate in a faculty and student panel. The goals of this sessions are to:
- Learn strategies and skills for academimc success from professors in your academic stream.
- Speak with upper year students and learn essential tips on how to prepare for the classroomand their the university experience
- Learn how you can get involved in co-cirricular opportunities to network with peers, how to succeed academically, and how to make the most out of your time at UofT.
* Note: Rotman Commerce is hosting a full day of events specific to Commerce students. Programming and timing for Commerce student will follow a different format designed specifically to meet the needs of first year student enrolled in Rotman Commerce.
Who can participate?
All first year undergraduate students in the Faculty of Arts and Science are invited to participate in PRE U of T free of charge. In most cases, if you are participating in your College Orientation program PRE U of T has been included in your Orientation schedule. If you are not participating in your College Orientation you are still welcome to attend PRE U of T – simply go to your academic hub (see below) at 1pm on September 5th and you will be directed by one of our helpful volunteers.
Upper year students are also encouraged to participate in PRE U of T as head leaders and facilitators, in order to share their experiences and tips for success with incoming students. Head Leader hiring is on a rolling basis. Facilitator applications are due August 18th.
When is PRE U of T?
Tuesday, September 5th, 2017
1:00 PM to 2:30 PM
Where is PRE U of T?
If you are participating in your College Orientation program, your Orientation Leaders will be directing you to the location of your academic hub. Please refer to your College Orientation schedule for the time and location to meet your leaders.
If you are not participating in your College Orientation program or if you become separated from your group, please see below for the locations of the academic hubs:
- Humanities – Lash Miller Laboratories (80 St. George Street)
- Social Sciences – Sidney Smith Hall (100 St. George Street)
- Life Sciences – Ramsay Wright Laboratories (25 Harboard Street)
- Math & Physical Sciences – McLennan Physical Labs (255 Huron St)
- Computer Science - Bahen Centre for Information Technology (40 St. George Street)
You have questions about PRE U of T or if you would like more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-978-2530 and we will direct your inquiry appropriately.
Funded by a STEP Forward grant by the Faculty of Arts & Science, PRE U of T is an initiative of University College Orientation in collaboration with the following campus partners: