Academic advising is available at the University College Registrar's Office and through individual academic departments. The Registrar's Office provides information related to degree requirements, univeristy rules and regulations, interpretation of the Academic Calendar and personal or academic concerns that influence academic performance.
Departmental advisors offer detailed information on their respective programs (specialists, majors and minors) and individual courses or instructor conduct.
A few reasons to meet with an academic advisor:
- Assistance in mapping your academic direction
- Understanding degree requirements
- Degree checking for students preparing to graduate
- Petitions for special consideration
- Financial advising (Finances/OSAP & Government Loans/Bursaries)
- Personal advising and support services (Illness/Personal Difficulties)
To Make an advising appointment:
Front line advisors are available during office hours to answer questions in person, by phone and by email. You can contact us by calling 416.978.3170 or E-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org using your UTMail+ account.
Drop-in Advising Hours: If you would like to speak with an academic advisor, please visit the office during the drop-in advising hours on the following days: Wednesdays from 1:30pm - 4:00pm and Thursdays from 9:30am - 12:00pm. Drop-in advising appointments work on a first come first served basis. Please arrive early as we can only accommodate a certain number of drop-ins per day.