Established in 1948 in memory of Professor Frederic Davidson (UC ’90), the Frederic Davidson Competition offers one first prize of $1,000, one second prize of $500, and one third prize of $250 each year for essays dealing with English or French literature.
- This award is open to any student registered at UC or enrolled in a major or specialist program administered by the College or affiliated with the College.
- All entries shall automatically be entered into each of the other writing competitions at University College for which they are eligible.
- Entries shall be submitted under a pseudonym to University College by May 1. Please use the online entry form.
- The Awards Committee may limit the total number of writing awards going to a single student in any year.
- The name of the award winner will appear on the University College website.
- One hard copy of the prize-winning composition shall be permanently deposited with University College, but copyright shall remain with the author.