The sUCcess Commons offers one-on-one support for students in their academic, professional, and personal lives.
In one convenient location, we bring essential student services directly into the College under the auspices of the Office of the Dean of Students and provide writing instruction through the UC Writing Centre. Our guidance, personalized support, and teaching will help you to reach your academic and personal goals.
One-on-one instruction offers the best way to become a stronger and more adaptable writer. The highly trained instructors at the UC Writing Centre work with you in 50-minute appointments on course assignments at any stage and in any subject. We help you develop your capacity to plan, organize, write, and revise your academic papers.
Students from other colleges can book appointments at the UC Writing Centre for work in their college program courses.
UC Writing Centre appointments must be booked online.
International Student Advising and Exchange Opportunities
International students can meet an international transition advisor to get advice and support about life, school, and working in Canada. International and Canadian students can also meet to discuss study abroad and intercultural opportunities.
Schedule an appointment or direct questions here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our accessibility advisor can help you verify disability-related needs that require accommodations in your learning. These advisors work closely with students to create accommodations and facilitate the accommodation process with their instructor and staff.
Counselling & Psychotherapy
Short-term counselling is available to students for a wide range of concerns, from relationship problems, self-esteem issues and interpersonal issues to depression, anxiety, substance or alcohol use and body image concerns.
To book an appointment, contact the Health and Wellness Centre at 416-978-8030 (selection option 5) and ask to book a time with an University College counsellor.
Academic Skills Education
Book an appointment with University College’s designated Learning Strategist, Julia Andrews, to discuss topics such as how to learn online, time management, assignment planning, study strategies, note-taking, writing outlines, motivation, procrastination, critical thinking, essay organization, and test-taking.
Appointment delivery mode:
- Offered virtually via Microsoft Teams (Download the Microsoft Teams application; https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/microsoft-teams/download-app#desktopAppDownloadregion. Log on with your UTmail address and UTorid + password)
- Important Note: For Apple Computer users, it’s recommended to use Chrome or Internet Explorer rather than Safari or via the Mail Application
To change or cancel appointments
- Students can cancel* or reschedule their own appointments online
- Go to the original booking email, scroll to the bottom, and select “Change your appointment”. Select reschedule or cancel.
- *students can cancel their appointment time online until 6 hours prior to their appointment time. Please contact Julia at email@example.com to cancel within the 6-hour period
Career Education and Advising
Make an appointment with our career educator to explore career options, upgrade your job search skills, take part in a mock interview, learn about employment opportunities and make a plan for after graduation.
If you have any questions regarding the service offers or how to book an appointment, Call 416-978-8000 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To book an appointment to meet with a Career Educator, please visit https://cln.utoronto.ca/home.htm
Have Some More Questions?
If you still have questions about the UC Writing Centre, please contact email@example.com.
Please contact Student Life (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you still have questions about any of the following services or need help booking an appointment:
- Career Education and Advising
- International Student Advising and Exchange Opportunities
- Accessibility Advising
- Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Academic Skills Education,