Skip to main content
Unsupported Browser

Your Browser is out of date and is not supported by this website.
Please upgrade to Firefox, Chrome, or Microsoft Edge.

The Founding College of the University of Toronto
Students in front of University College during spring convocation dressed in their gowns

Graduating Students

Request Graduation

Your eligibility to graduate will be assessed using your current courses on the assumption that you will be successful in them and will meet your degree and program requirements. You can check your degree and program requirements on Degree Explorer.

Login to ACORN to apply for graduation.

Degree Request / Graduation Cancellation

The Degree Request/Cancellation form can be used for the following reasons: 

  1. You are unable to request graduation on ACORN
  2. You wish to cancel your graduation request 
  3. You wish to upgrade your Bachelor (3-year degree) to a Honours (4-year degree)

Download the Degree Request/Cancellation Form

Once the form is complete, either email the form to or drop it off in person at the office.

Name Changes

Your name as it appears on ACORN is the name that will appear on your diploma.

You may wish to update your legal name if you want to include your middle name, have recently had a legal name change or have special characters that you wish to be shown on your diploma.

The deadline to submit name change requests for June 2023 graduation is April 19. If changes are not made prior to convocation, you will be required to order a replacement diploma.

Note: Name change requests must be submitted in person to the Academic Advising & Registrar’s Office at UC, along with valid government-issued photo identification to be processed. 

Download the Change of Name or Gender Request Form

Graduation Photos

Graduation Photo sessions will be taking place at Lassman Studios' off-campus location. Students who are eligible to graduate in June 2023 will need to book an appointment. 

To sign up, follow these two easy steps:

1. Visit

2. Enter uc23 in the School ID

Find a time that is convenient for you and book it; as spaces fill up quickly. If you cannot find a time that works for you, please contact to arrange an alternate date and/or time.

As per school tradition, professional attire is recommended. This may include either a bow-tie, a flat print tie, a white shirt or a white blouse.

Class Composites from 2020, 2021 and 2022 that were purchased through Lassman Studios can be picked up from the UC Lit Office. Please contact to arrange a pick up time.

For more information or assistance, please contact either Lassman Studios, UC Lit Office or the Student Life Office

Graduation Letters

You can request a letter from the Faculty of Arts & Science confirming your intent to graduate, your eligibility to graduate or to confirm graduation.

Visit the Office of the Faculty Registrar to request graduation letters.

Degree Drop-Down Form

If you complete all the degree requirements of the Honours degree except the minimum cumulative GPA requirement of 1.85, you can request a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree (BA or BSc). Please submit the completed form to UC's Academic Advising & Registrar’s Office.

Download the degree drop-down form.


Not Attending Convocation

If you're unable to attend your Convocation ceremony, you may obtain your diploma by picking it up in person at the Office of Convocation or arrange for it to be delivered.

Visit the Office of Convocation website for more information on how to get your diploma.

Applying to Graduate School

Are you thinking about applying to graduate school? The School of Graduate Studies at U of T offers on-campus information sessions, online chat sessions and webinars to provide you with further information. 

Visit the School of Graduate Studies website for more information.

Asia-Pacific Graduation Ceremony

An Asia-Pacific Graduation Ceremony is held in Hong Kong every two years.

Learn more by visiting the Office of Convocation website.