Located at 85 St. George Street, Whitney Hall was originally built as a women’s residence in 1931 with funds donated by Edward C. Whitney, the brother of Ontario Premiere James P. Whitney. The building was named in Edward C. Whitney's honour and is now a co-ed residence home to 250 University College students.
The Whitney Hall residence surrounds a welcoming courtyard that open to the back campus fields off Hoskins Avenue to the east, and St. George Street to the west. The courtyard is primarily used by residence students but is also employed to host college events.
This 19th-century building has been updated throughout the years, but still maintains its historical beauty and charm. Large, spacious rooms act as study spaces for residence students.
The common rooms additionally highlight the historic design and architecture of the building, featuring original mouldings and fireplaces.
Living at Whitney Hall
Learn more about student life and residence at Whitney Hall.