Support incoming students in preparing for university with our e-mentorship program!
Do you remember the questions, excitement and fears you had the summer before you began your journey at University College?
Sign up to be an e-Mentor to support this year's incoming students prepare for their first-year at UC. As an e-mentor, you will provide a valuable personal connection for a new student, information about upcoming events, referrals to campus resources and answer questions to assist in the transition to university. E-mentors will also facilitate online communities for incoming students to meet other new students for support and prepare for their first days at U of T.
How it works
We connect you with a group of incoming university students
We assign each mentor around 20-30 incoming students to mentor throughout the summer.
Mentor them during the summer
You will create online communications to educate, inform and engage incoming first-year students between June to August. You will also act as a resource for students to referrals for different university services, important events, deadlines, and more!
Meet your mentees
Welcome and greet your mentee group in the first week of school and answer any questions they may have about starting university.
Why Should I Apply?
- Connect with and guide first-year students. Provide insights on your undergraduate experience, while connecting incoming domestic and international students with resources, events and opportunities to prepare them for their first year.
- Flexible and enriching volunteer experience. Engage in a flexible and engaging opportunity that allows you to express creative ideas to support students online.
- Great Professional Development. Develop your mentorship, leadership and communication skills for use in your future volunteer and job engagements.
- Co-Curricular Record Approved. All mentors receive CCR recognition for their involvement.
Eligibility & Requirements
You must meet these eligibility requirements:
- Have completed at least one year of full-time undergraduate study at the University of Toronto
- Have internet access from June to August
- Be in good academic standing at the time of application
- Attend and complete the online E-Mentorship training in Tuesday May 19th.
Apply to be an E-Mentor
Applications are currently closed. Thank you for your interest. Contact us for more information on how to get involved in the program.