University College has four independent study courses that give students an opportunity to design an independent research course at the 300 or 400 level not otherwise available within the Faculty.
- You are a student enrolled in a UC Program (Canadian Studies, Cognitive Science, Drama, Health Studies, Sexual Diversity Studies) OR you are a UC registered student not enrolled in a UC Program.
- You have a minimum cumulative GPA (or cGPA) of 3.0
- You have completed 10.0 FCEs (for UNI393Y1 and UNI394H1) OR 15.0 FCEs (for UNI495Y1 and UNI496H1)
- You have secured an agreement and permission from a Faculty member to supervise your project (see form below)
- Your proposal has been approved by the Vice-Principal of University College (see form below)
Application Forms & Info
Applications for Y and F courses are due by June 30th prior to the academic year; S courses are due by September 15th and summer proposals are due by February 15th. Application forms are available at the University College Office of Academic Services (UC 173) or for download below.
Ethics Review Protocol Form (if necessary):
Undergraduate Ethics Review Protocol Form: Student-Initiated Project
Completed applications (including signatures) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or brought/sent to the address below:
Office of the Vice Principal, University College
15 King's College Circle, Room 173
Toronto, ON M5S 3H7
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com or (416) 978-8083.