The UC Library’s physical space will be closed for the Summer 2022 term as of Saturday, April 30, and will be re-opening for the Fall 2022 term in September.
Many of our academic books support the UC-affiliated programs: Canadian Studies; Cognitive Science; Drama, Theatre & Performance Studies; Health Studies; Sexual Diversity Studies; and UC One: Engaging Toronto.
Browse Our Books
Need a study break? Check out our popular Bestsellers section (fiction and non-fiction paperbacks).
Interested in award-winning fiction, non-fiction, plays, or poetry? We have hundreds of award-winning books for over twenty literary prizes -- both Canadian prizes (Giller, Governor General's, etc.) and international ones (Booker, Pulitzer, etc.).
Like graphic novels? We have lots -- plus some interesting books about graphic novels.
Writing, Academic Skills & Careers
A browsable section of books on how to write; academic skills like research and studying; and careers. You can borrow almost all of these books.
Looking for an interesting read? Why not try a book recommended by one of our UC library assistants?
Books by UC Authors
There are hundreds of authors among University College alumni and faculty.
About 3,000 Canadian literature books which once belonged to the Canadian poet, Al Purdy (by appointment only; please contact the UC Librarian).
Our study space offers:
- study tables in book-lined alcoves
- a mezzanine with comfy armchairs
- stained glass windows and other lovely heritage features
- power and USB plugs throughout the library
An important aspect of the University College Revitalization project was improving accessibility:
- There's now an accessible ramped entrance at the southwest corner of the building (near the Cadario Conference Centre in Croft Chapter House).
- New ramps within the building lead from the accessible entrance to a new elevator, located near the building's main entrance on the south side of the building.
- The elevator leads to two entrances to the UC Library: our main entrance on the second floor of the College (room 266) and an entrance to our mezzanine (room 366), on the third floor of UC.