University College, University of Toronto
15 King's College Circle
Location and Access
The University College Library re-opened in 2021 in its new location in "East Hall" (room 266 / 366) on the south side of the UC building. Our revitalized heritage space was the UC Library's original home in the 19th century.
The UC Library may currently be used by:
• U of T students, faculty, staff, and alumni
• UTS students
• external researchers who have purchased a U of T library card
Members of the public who would like to enter briefly to see our revitalized heritage space are welcome to do so.
Regular Hours (September to April)
Monday to Thursday, 9am - 8pm
Friday, 9am - 5pm
Saturday & Sunday, 1pm - 5pm
- CLOSED THANKSGIVING WEEKEND: Sat. Oct. 7, Sun. Oct. 8, Mon. Oct. 9, 2023
- CLOSING EARLY ON THE LAST DAY OF TERM: Closing at 5pm, Wed. Dec. 20, 2023
- CLOSED FOR THE U OF T WINTER HOLIDAYS: Thurs. Dec. 21, 2023 to Sun. Jan. 7, 2024
- CLOSED FAMILY DAY: Mon. Feb. 19, 2024
- CLOSED EASTER WEEKEND: Fri. March 29, Sat. March 30, Sun. March 31, 2024
- CLOSING EARLY ON THE LAST DAY OF TERM: Closing at 5pm, Tues. April 30, 2024
An important aspect of the University College Revitalization project was improving accessibility:
- There's now an accessible ramped entrance at the southwest corner of the building (near the Cadario Conference Centre in Croft Chapter House).
- New ramps within the building lead from the accessible entrance to a new elevator, located near the building's main entrance on the south side of the building.
- The elevator leads to two entrances to the UC Library: our main entrance on the second floor of the College (room 266) and an entrance to our mezzanine (room 366), on the third floor of UC.