Skip to main content
Unsupported Browser

Your Browser is out of date and is not supported by this website.
Please upgrade to Firefox, Chrome, or Microsoft Edge.

The Founding College of the University of Toronto
Students filling out request forms

Requests & Forms

Bursary and Grant Application

Bursaries and grants are non-repayable funds given to eligible students who demonstrate a need for financial assistance.

Apply for the U of T Grant by logging into ACORN and completing the online application.

Once your completed application has been received, an appointment will be scheduled by UC's Academic Advising & Registrar's Office and you will meet with an advisor to discuss your application.

Change of Name or Gender Request Form

Requests for a change of name or gender must be submitted in person to UC's Academic Advising & Registrar’s Office, along with valid government-issued photo identification to be processed. 

Download the Change of Name or Gender Request Form.

Confirmation of Enrolment Letter/School Letter

A letter may be requested for various purposes, including proof of enrolment, visa/study permits, banks, employers and RESPs. 

Generate your own confirmation of enrolment letter using ACORN if you are currently registered.

Should you need a more detailed letter, you can request one through our office. We will prepare it within two to three business days. Follow the steps below:

Credit/No Credit (CR/NCR)

A course may be declared credit/no credit (CR/NCR), allowing it to count towards your degree credits, without impacting your GPA. Instead of earning a numerical grade, a CR or NCR notation will appear in its place on your transcript.

Visit the Faculty of Arts & Science website for more information on CR/NCR.

Late Withdrawal (LWD) Request

Students who have fallen behind in a course after the last drop deadline has passed may request a late withdrawal.

If you would like to request an LWD, please fill out the LWD form and email the form to

Locker Rentals

As a result of measures being taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19 – including the physical closure of University College’s main building – locker rentals have been temporarily suspended until further notice.

If you have any questions about locker rentals or contents, please contact the Academic Advising & Registrar’s Office at 416-978-3170 or

We will update this page once locker rentals become available.


Medical Note/Verification of Illness or Injury Form (VOI)

The Verification of Illness or Injury Form is the official University of Toronto form for all students who are requesting special academic consideration based on illness or injury.

Download the Verification of Student Illness or Injury Form.

OSAP Continuation of Interest-Free Status Form (CIFS)

If you are enrolled full-time and have received OSAP funding in the past, but are not receiving it for the current academic year, you should submit a Continuation of Interest-Free Status Application through the OSAP website.

This form will verify that you are still engaged in full-time studies and will prevent your previous loans from incurring interest and you will not be required to pay back OSAP during this time.


Due to COVID-19 precautions, in-person services at UC's Academic Advising & Registrar’s office is currently unavailable. Therefore, students should complete the interim petition form and then email their petition request to our office at Once the petition form has been completed, we recommend saving the document with your first and last name like this, ex: Sally_Smith_petition. Email the completed form from your U of T email address to our office. Make sure to include any supporting documentation, and add your personal statement in the body of your email.

Visit the Faculty of Arts & Science website for more information on Petitions.

Re-Registration Form

Any student who has been away from studies for 12 months or longer or alumni of University College wishing to return as non-degree students must complete a Request for Re-Registration form in order to take further courses.

There is an administrative fee that must be paid directly to UC's Academic Advising & Registrar's Office before your student account can be reactivated. Payment can be made in person with a debit or credit card or by calling our office and paying with credit card. Follow the steps below:

RESP Request

Many RESP providers will provide a proof of registration form that our office can complete. You can either bring the form to the office in person or email the form to

If your RESP company has not provided you with a form, please refer to the Confirmation of Enrolment Letter/School Form section above for further instructions.

Note: Students may not defer their minimum tuition payment on the basis of RESP funding.

Term Work Consideration Request

A professor may instruct a student to request a Term Work Consideration letter from UC's Academic Advising & Registrar’s Office for missed work or a missed test.

You will need to complete the Term Work Consideration Form and submit it to the Academic Advising & Registrar's Office along with appropriate supporting documentation. The request will be reviewed and considered by the Registrar. 


Note: University College does not produce transcripts. Visit the Transcript Centre website for more information.

Current Students: Order a transcript through ACORN