Established in 1948 in memory of Professor Frederic Davidson (UC ’90), the Frederic Davidson Competition offers one prize of $2,000, one of $1,000, and one of $625 each year for essays dealing with English or French literature.
Conditions Governing the Davidson Competition:
- This award is open to any student registered at UC or enrolled in a major or specialist program administered by the College or affiliated with the College. Preference will be given to students who have used the services of the UC Writing Centre in the past.
- All entries shall automatically be entered into each of the competitions for which they are eligible. Students may submit no more than one entry in each category.
- Course instructors may nominate students with the students' consent.
- The name of the award winner will appear on the University College website.
- One hard copy of the prize-winning composition shall be permanently deposited with University College, but copyright shall remain with the author. A copy may be given to the donor with the author’s permission.