Established in 1948 in memory of Professor Frederic Davidson (UC ’90), the Frederic Davidson Awards offer one prize of $2,000, one of $1,000, and one of $625 each year for any type of essay.
Conditions Governing the Davidson Awards:
- This award is open to any undergraduate student registered at University College or enrolled in a UC program course or a course in an affiliated Centre.
- For entries judged to be of equal strength, preference will be given to essays on English or French literature.
- All entries shall automatically be entered into each of the competitions for which they are eligible. Students may submit no more than one entry in each category.
- Course instructors may nominate students with the students' consent.
- The name of the award winners will appear on the University College website.
- One hard copy of the prize-winning composition shall be permanently deposited with University College, but copyright shall remain with the author. A copy may be given to the donor with the author’s permission.