Established in 1948 in memory of Professor Frederic Davidson (UC ’90), the Frederic Davidson Competition offers one first prize of $1,000, one second prize of $500, and one third prize of $250 each year for essays dealing with English or French literature.
Please return to this site in September 2019 to enter the 2020 Davidson competition.
Conditions Governing the Davidson Competition:
- This award is open to any student registered at UC or enrolled in a major or specialist program administered by the College or affiliated with the College. Preference will be given to students who have used the services of the UC Writing Centre in the past.
- All entries shall automatically be entered into each of the competitions for which they are eligible. Students may submit no more than one entry in each category.
- Course instructors may nominate students with the students' consent.
- The Awards Committee may limit the total number of writing awards going to a single student in any year.
- The name of the award winner will appear on the University College website.
- One hard copy of the prize-winning composition shall be permanently deposited with University College, but copyright shall remain with the author. A copy may be given to the donor with the author’s permission.