Living in residence can be one of the most memorable and rewarding aspects of your university experience, and it all starts with Move-In Day. Read this page to ensure that your residence adventure is off to a great start.
- Read the Residence Handbook for more information about residence.
- Review your Occupancy Agreement and Code of Behaviour. We know it’s long, but just do it.
- Stay connected on social media. Join our Facebook group. Like our Facebook page. And follow us on Instagram.
- Register for Orientation or Thrive.
- Rent a mini-fridge if you live in Whitney. Don’t rent one if you live in Sir Dan’s or Morrison – your room has one already.
- Get to know your roommate if you are in a double room.
- Get your TCard if you live close to the city. If not, don’t worry – you can get it after moving in.
- Pack your belongings. Check what (and what not) to bring below.
- Plan your arrival. Are you arriving by car/taxi? Or are you coming from the airport or taking public transit?
Arrival and Check-in
You should plan to arrive on Move-In Day, which is Sunday, September 1, 2019, between 8 am and 4 pm when upper-year students are available to help carry your belongings.
- Arrive and proceed to the porter’s desk of your building.
- Bring your TCard or another photo ID to check-in and collect your keys.
- Move your belongings in with the help of volunteer upper-years
Of course, you can still move in after 4 pm but volunteers will not be available for assistance. You can also move in on any day from September 1 to September 15 between the hours of 8 am and 11 pm. The last day to check into residence is Sunday, September 15, 2019.
You can check in on any day starting Tuesday, September 3, 2019 between the hours of 8 am and 11 pm. The last day to check into residence is Sunday, September 15, 2019.
What Is Provided?
- Twin-XL bed and mattress
- Study desk, lamp and chair
- Drawers, mirror and bookshelf
- Overhead lighting or floor lamp
- Wastebasket and recycling bin
- Large closet or wardrobe
- Mini-fridge (Sir Dan’s and Morrison only) NEW!
- Wireless and wired internet
- Washrooms with shower and toilet stalls
- Common rooms with couches, tables and TVs
- Kitchens with oven and stoves and/or kitchenettes with microwaves
- Laundry rooms with washers and dryers
- Irons, vacuums and toolkits
What Should I Pack?
- Clothing (appropriate for variable weather) and hangers
- Bedding for a twin-XL mattress
- Blankets, pillow(s) and pillowcases
- Towels, shower basket and slippers
- Toiletries and personal care appliances
- Umbrella and rain boots
- Laundry bag and detergent
- Your computer and books
- Items to personalize your room
- Ethernet cable (optional)
Do Not Bring
- Other furniture
- Microwaves and other appliances
- Space heaters or air conditioners
- Large speakers or subwoofers
- Combustible items